Downsize your makeup bag with these helpful tips:
1. Purchase a product that can be used on the lips and cheeks. This will eliminate the need to pack a lipstick and a blush. Brands such as Bobbi Brown, Nars, Sephora, Benefit cosmetics, and Stila all carry stains that can be used on both lips and cheeks.
2. Buy a convenient TRAVEL SIZE brush set. I especially like the dual ended brushes that are like having two brushes in one. You really only need to carry an eyeshadow and powder brush from the set because you can apply your cheek, foundation and lip product using your “clean” fingers lol. (If you’re not the finger using type then by all means carry all the travel size brushes you need ). Clinique, Este Lauder, M.A.C., and other major brands usually carry convenient, good quality travel sets.
3. When you buy makeup products, you normally get an opportunity to receive great sample products. Opt for sample size mascaras and pack these instead of a full-sized mascara.
4. Tote an eyeshadow palette that has both neutral and colored pigments so that you avoid carrying too many eyeshadows. Better yet, pack one that contains your favorite” go to colors” for any occasion. Tip- Use a wet brush, to apply an eyeshadow as an eyeliner.
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY Use the SMALLEST makeup bag possible. Yes that’s right. The bigger the makeup bag the MORE items you are tempted to fill it up with it. (talking from experience lol)
If you save space by employing steps 1-4, you will have some room left to carry full size items such as your foundation and powder.
That’s it!!!! xoxo
Bahamas Makeup Artist